Holistic Dentist in Sacramento
Interested in finding an organic dentist in Sacramento? Dr. Redford is here to help. At Redford Smiles, we provide holistic dentistry services that can help you remove amalgam fillings and mercury.
Using our holistic techniques, we can help you improve your oral health – as well as your overall mental and physical well-being. We also minimize the use of harmful synthetic medicines and compounds, using organic materials and dental products whenever possible.
Interested in learning more about the benefits of holistic dentistry? Contact us for an appointment now at (916) 565-2570, or read on!
What Is Holistic Dentistry?
Holistic dentistry is a more natural, organic approach to dentistry. Holistic dentistry does not just focus on the health of your mouth. Certainly, your oral health is paramount, but holistic dentistry takes a more high-level view of your health.
The health of your mouth has a significant effect on the rest of your body. Issues like periodontal (gum) disease, tooth decay, and other serious dental issues can lead to higher risks of developing other diseases.
For example, it has been found that patients with advanced levels of periodontal disease have a much higher risk of ischemic stroke. The infection caused by gum disease can spread throughout the body, and these bacteria can negatively affect your systemic health.
By using natural, organic treatment techniques, and focusing on how your oral health affects the rest of your body, Dr. Redford provides better treatment in Sacramento. Dr. Redford also focuses natural dental products, and procedures such as mercury-free composite fillings.
At Redford Smiles, our holistic approach allows you to stay happy, healthy, and free of common health issues that can be caused by oral problems.
Should I Remove My Amalgam Fillings?
This is a very common question at Redford Smiles. While we can still place mercury-amalgam fillings if necessary, we prefer composite and ceramic fillings.
According to the ADA, Mercury-amalgam fillings have not been proven to have any toxic effects on humans.
However, this does not change the fact that mercury is a known toxin. If you would like to avoid having mercury in your mouth, or would like to replace your mercury-amalgam fillings, Redford Smiles can help.
Instead of mercury fillings, Dr. Redford prefers to use advanced plastic resin and ceramic restorations. These restorations are inert and non-toxic, and will not respond to heat. They bond closely to your existing tooth. This provides a natural restoration that strengthens your tooth, and restores a natural appearance.
If you already have mercury-amalgam fillings, you may be interested in having them removed. Redford Smiles is the ideal place to do so.
Dr. Redford specializes in using advanced techniques such as dental dams and oxygen to minimize inhalation of mercury during removal. In addition, he can replace your fillings with advanced composites that mimic natural tooth structure.
However, it is not always a great idea to have your mercury amalgam fillings removed. It is best to do so only after your fillings have failed. You should remove mercury amalgam fillings if:
- Your fillings are very old – Fillings that are over 20 years old should be removed and replaced. No exceptions. Most fillings only last around 10 years, so after 20 years, there is a very good chance a filling has either failed, or will fail soon.
- Your fillings are causing gum inflammation – Some dental patients experience an allergic reaction to the metals used in mercury-amalgam fillings. This can cause painful gum inflammation and soreness. If this is the case, contact Dr. Redford to replace your mercury-amalgam filling right away.
- You are experiencing tooth decay – During your regular 6-month checkups, Dr. Redford will examine your fillings to ensure that they are not affected by tooth decay. If it is found that a mercury-amalgam filling has failed and tooth decay is present, it will have to be removed and replaced. In extreme cases, a root canal may be required.
If you would like to learn more about the facts behind mercury and metal-free dentistry, contact Redford Smiles today.
What Are The Benefits Of Holistic Dentistry?
Holistic dentistry at Redford Smiles has a variety of benefits. Here are just a few of them.
- No danger of toxicity – By minimizing your exposure to mercury and other harmful metals, our metal-free approach to dentistry allows you to take better care of your oral health. You do not have to worry about exposure to mercury, or other potentially harmful toxins.
- Better full-body health – Our holistic approach to dentistry focuses on systemic health. We see your mouth as part of your body, and its health affects all of your other bodily systems. We make it a point to explain these connections, and discuss how your overall health is influencing your oral health – and vice versa.
- A focus on organic treatments and materials – If desired, we can provide you with fluoride-free, metal-free, latex-free dentistry services. We understand that there are many individuals who prefer organic dental products. At our organic dentist, we make it a point to use organic toothpaste, floss, and other dental products whenever possible. By using high-quality, natural products, we can provide a better level of overall patient care.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of visiting a holistic dentistry practice in Sacramento, come to Redford Smiles right away to discuss organic dentistry options, and the removal of amalgam fillings.
Schedule An Appointment With Dr. Redford Now
Finding an experienced organic dentist in Sacramento is not easy. Holistic dentistry is a useful approach to dental care, but is often co-opted by “alternative medicine” providers who provide poor care – at extremely high cost.
Redford Smiles takes a more level-headed approach to holistic dentistry. We use both traditional dental practices and holistic dentistry techniques to provide the “best of both worlds”. We can remove amalgam fillings to reduce mercury levels, discuss systemic health best practices, and much more.
Curious to learn more about our holistic dentistry approach? Take a look at what past patients have said on our testimonials page! So do not trust just any holistic dentist in Sacramento. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Redford now at (916) 565-2570, or visit our office at 79 Scripps Dr. Suite 204, Sacramento, CA 95825.